Friday, November 2, 2012

October to Remember!

To say Connor and Layla were excited about Halloween this year is an understatement!! They started talking about their costumes (and asking every day if it was Halloween yet) well over a month in advance. I also got my act together and decorated for Halloween very early this year (which helped to build the excitement). Their school did tons of crafts and activities, Nana Kat made a pumpkin patch cake with them, loaded them up with Halloween books and stories from her teacher days (and Halloween movies from non-teacher days) and of course there were the multitude of Halloween magazines that came in the mail and Halloween decor at every store. Its safe to say this holiday is in close running with Christmas on the excitement level for my children. Connor (for those that don't know) is a Star Wars fanatic. It started about 4-5 months ago. It is just his thing and I think its here to stay. And the real star wars, the original movies. So Connor has known for quite sometime he was going to be Darth Vader for Halloween. Sissy is still in her "I like everything big brother likes" stage (although her unique interests are starting to emerge) so she decided she was going to be PINK Darth Vader. She stuck with this for weeks. We would talk and show her other costumes (even Cons would suggest others) but that was going to be her costume. Then one morning she wakes up and exclaims..."I want to be PINK Super Girl" (with her fist in the air)! I gave her 1 week to change her mind, then that was it, after 1 week she was still set, so Mommy ordered the costume. A few days later she exclaimed (while twirling around) "I want to be a beautiful ballerina." Mommy said "too bad, your Super Girl" hehe. I think she would have changed her mind a million times had we let her. It was definitely an October to remember!

The POWER kids!!!

Oh, and Layla's latest love, baby tiger.

Halloween celebration at Goodwood the weekend before. How ADORABLE is Layla holding Baby Hudson, the sweetest skunk (my very good friend, Jessica's son)!

Listening to the witch tell spooky stories at Goodwood.

Daddy and Connor's favorite tradition. Connor loved this at 2 (and was just as serious about it then) and waits for it every year.

Layla got in the action for the first time this year, then quickly realized why Mommy just takes the pictures. :)

While Layla was "helping" Daddy, Connor and I had a mini photo shoot. He's so going to hate me for this one day.



With the finished products!

Trick or treating at school!!


First house of the night. We went to an area that draws over 1000 kids each year. Most of the people sit in their front yards and the decor is preettty elaborate. It was quite the experience!





She makes me laugh. Thank goodness for the wagon. :)

We left the madness and went to visit Great Gma, Auntie Jan and Uncle Richard!

We ended the night at Grandma and Grandpa Adams for the final trick-or-treat and dinner!
 Hope everyone enjoyed their treats just as much as we did!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like my childhood in tallahassee :) I am glad you had a fabulous halloween, we were battened down for the storm up here in NYC! haha miss you and your clan!

    ReplyDelete